Saturday, April 17, 2010

AAAHH - SHOOT! I almost had a really nice day. DH and I went to N.C today just to relax and see what we could see. The drive was amazing because everything was in full bloom. It seemed like the yellows and lavenders and pinks and whites were absolutely EVERYWHERE in every yard  and the world was full of colors.

We just visited the fruit markets and I looked at flowers and DH looked at his love - Tractors . As my favorite treat was to visit the Goodwill  shop! I was looking for a boombox  to play music and tapes  , so while I was just browsing DH surprised me with what looked like a fairly new one because it was all nice and shiny. I kept thinking we should try it in the store -but they said you could bring it back if it did not work.  Well, to make a long story short - we got home and it DOES NOT WORK , at least for me! Disappointment! I even went online and attempted to discover what the secret could be? There were several posts about having a small hum when you plug it in -but will not play - But , of course NOBODY had a solution! I will never understand why when things break - people donate them somewhere for some dumb sucker like me to spend their last few dollars on? Makes me want to bang my head against the wall. I would not be so upset IF I had been playing a set of cassette tapes on my old boombox -which is 15 years old and all of a sudden - it died And I REALLY want to hear this set of tapes! I am beginning to think it just was not meant for me to listen?????

I hope everyone  has had a beautiful day. Our weather here is beautiful and with a nice breeze it was not too hot. (Hum? except me  - under the collar!)  :)

Love to everybody!

2 comments:

  1. What a bunner that it does not work! I hope you do take it back and get a refund.... and find one that works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a comment but don't know if you got it. I don't think so. Anyways, I got mad for you, because GoodWill should have good will and their employees SHOULD check out something like a radio/tape player to see if it works!!! I think they are responsible, not the buyer who buys in good faith!

    ReplyDelete