Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bloomers - I'm Not Coming Out Smelling Like Roser


Remember last week when I was playing with the "Bloomers"?Well, I sure am not coming up smelling like Roses. I had this fabric and elastic put up for 3 years now. I have wanted to tackle the bloomers project for a long  time now. So, I took out a wore out pair of bloomers and attempted to draw out my own pattern. Let's just say everytime I attempt a project I ALWAYS learn several lessons and take on a whole new appreciation for the clothing I wear and the people who make their careers -making clothing for us all.

This was my first attempt and I learned that I would have to change the crotch piece so that it would match evenly with the front and back piece.I did line it with a nice soft piece of cotton knit so that would be the only piece of the first project that I was proud of . LOL

So I caught another few minutes this after noon and I redrawed the pattern pieces so they would line up.I used the serger to attach the pieces and the elastic and this is what I came up with. Lets just say I am no VAN GOGH! No matter how hard I want to be!

They look halfway decent -but Comfortable - NO! The tricot does not stretch like I thought it would and I have not figured out how to attach the elastic. Since I have searched my brain attempting to figure out the best possibilities for this project -even though it was not a success - I sure feel like I stretched my brain. :) And that was one of the reasons that I wanted to learn to sew.

Our day was perfect weather and the day just flew by.DH and I had to go to town this afternoon so we went to the park and had a nice walk. NOT nearly as far as we managed last year-but starting all over again. I think we managed about 3/4 of a mile and 3 of the furbabies went with us. They make the walk so much fun - not work at all , when you do something that you Have to do. They make it an adventure. I am always amazed at how many dogs there are in the park. Our little town must be a very dog friendly place. :)

I hope every body has had a beautiful day or a restful night!
Love to one and all .

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it would help if you embroidered a little design on those bloomers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colour! Shame about the lack of stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not even attempt to make bloomers Lynda!!!

    ReplyDelete