Saturday, April 10, 2010

This day has been so strange - the weather was beautiful . I worked outside on two flower beds --pulled weeds and laid down straw. This will be the first time I have used straw and I am curious as to how it will behave???? There was a light breeze blowing and it was so pleasant.

My little Pee Wee ate good this morning and then she took a VERY long nap. I kept her outdoors with me while I worked - just to have her beside me. But by this afternoon she was still sleeping and refused food and water. I picked her up and rocked her in my rocking chair for a long time. I know crying doesn't help, but it is so hard to see one of your best friends getting ready to leave you.  I put a pad on the couch and laid her down and she went right back to sleep.

It left me so -uneasy maybe is the word- I can't seem to concentrate on anything . I just walk from room to room. Fiddle sticks!

The black one is Pee Wee - this was a year ago today. I was in the sewing room and she and Bandit were playing. That was one thing I have always admired her for: she never met a stranger - two legged or 4 - and she was good to all of them. I wish a lot of  humans could learn that trait. :) Many , many times I have wished I could speak her language because I have always wondered WHY she ended up in a dog pound?????? ??

She has taught me that life is like a highway and we are all traveling in the same direction. But along the way there are all kinds of little side roads that you can take and lessons come with each path (kinda like Pee Wee ending up in the dog pound on that path). But, since we are all heading in the same way - you never know when you will met an angel along the way or when we can lift up somebody else's spirit -for them to continue on their path.I have been so lucky to have PeeWee on my path and also to meet you along the way. Thank you for sharing of yourselves !

2 comments:

  1. Linda I am so sorry to read about little Pee Wee. It sounds like he has given you a lot of pleasure in return for you giving him a loving home. Hugz Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to read about your Pee Wee. I know how close we can get to animals. I had a little dog name Taz and she got ran over by a car and I nearly lost it. I was so heartbroken. I think that is why to this day I don't have a pet. We love them so deeply.

    ReplyDelete