Tuesday, April 13, 2010

UCKY, UCKY -tired day!

This is a picture of my little ponds  for Sue and Maria . This is what "I think I can - I think I can" results in. :)
Another day has slipped away. We have places here called , Affordable Dentures" and DH had gone to one of them 6 months past to have his dentures made. He has had a terrible time attempting to learn how to use them. But it was time for him to go back and have them relined . It was a two hour drive for us and they open at 7:30AM.-and you have to be there at that time so they can get everybody sorted out for what they need. They relined them and took an hour for lunch - so they sent us away until 12noon

But I was sooooo bone tired I dozed off while hubby was driving. I just cannot function without enough sleep and to top that off I was sick! I don't know what kind of sick it was , but it was like a touch of food poisoning. My stomach was killing me and I was belching like a freight train and it was so Horrible - still is so Horrible! Hubby even offered to take me to some fabric stores , but when I turned that offer down - he knew I was not feeling my oats! It was a shame because the day was perfect-beautiful but not hot.These places that make your dentures in one day kind of amaze me. I had overheard a converstation last trip about when is their least busy day and she said Tues. or Thurs. -so that was why he picked today. And it was nice because there were only about 20 people there to be waited on. The time we went in Oct. was on a Monday and there were approximately 40 people. They say it is like that most all the time- it just amazes me to know that there are that many people who have to have dentures almost every day of the year! I wish I would have kept all of my teeth, but there where things I did not know : like how bad sugar is for your teeth or how pregnancies can affect your teeth??  I would have planned differently . It was not from lack of knowing what to do because all we were taught in school was to brush your teeth 3 times a day - and I have wore out Many tooth-brushes along the way. Shoot - it was not until the last few years that I learned about flossing. I know I will not do well with dentures, but it is hard to get knowledge over here. I went to two other dentists and one told me to leave my filling alone (which cracked even bigger and made my swell up and two teeth ache. The other dentist told me the tooth could not be saved and he would pull it for 400.00!
I had one other tooth pulled because the day the dentist filled it - it abcessed and I was too much pain -with tears streaming down my face. So, the first doctor got a hundred dollars and the second one got four hundred and here it is 10 years later and for some reason - the space where that abcessed tooth was pulle from - still hurts. Not wild pain - just when your rub your jaw - you can tell it still hurts. How can that be after all these years.??????

Of course my beloved little PeeWee is riding "shot-gun" beside me -here at the computer - so somethings are not all bad.
Well , I hear the dryer calling for me and I better head that way - even through the bed is calling me too -and they are both in the same room?????
Good night and good morning with love to every one from me and some of my friends.

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing to think dentures can be made in one day!
    Bummer you felt ill... you missed out on shopping! I would have cried about that.
    Your ponds look lovely.

    ReplyDelete