Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Moral of story - learn from others So you do not have to make the same mistakes

Once upon a time in the land of cats there was a wonderful lady named Lynne - who went to her sewing place and discovered a starving young cat had claimed Lynne as her own Human! Needless to say - Lynne has a heart of gold - so Miss Kitty gets a loving home with the food that she needs? Then one night Sweet little Miss Kitty goes to sleep and pretends she is an "angel" - HUM??? until the next day when Lynne discoveres that Miss Kitty had been researching Lynne's patterns and decided that the one on the table was not up to standards -so instead up putting it in the shredder - she shredded the pattern for her . You know - to save her wasting time on a no good pattern.

Me being the brillant student watched and learned -but for some reason things do not stick in my brain - UNTIL I make a  mistake - seems like that is ME.

So, I was researching a new pattern that I had got from a yard sale for a dollar? Now that was a deal - it was a brand new pattern that had never been cut . It had all the wonderful pieces that you could want in all the different sizes to cover all the members of my family -except for the new ones that are arriving in the eight pound range.

While I was studying the situtation - of course I was interrupted - and when I trotted off on a new adventure - I left my new pattern and pieces laying wide open on the table to remind me where I was at! Naturally it turned out to be a different day and since I had not returned - Miss Rosie - inspected MY new pattern and decided that it needed to have some editing ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????/ This picture is what a "kitty's "" editing looks like - so beware all my beloved fabric artists - if you value your papers in any shape or form - DO NOT - I repeat   - DO NOT leave your patterns open for your furballs to edit - Unless - you need trash in the trash can to make it look like you were working?

It felt so wonderful this morning -after getting a full night's sleep ! Much as I hate to waste time sleeping - I have to admit that I just cannot function without enough SLEEP! Especially now that the medicine I am on for the fibromyalgia actually lets me sleep. Yea! There is nothing like sleep for me!

I pulled off getting a large hunk of putting the house back in order. I don't understand why we call it  - House Work - No matter how much I sit back and wait to watch this miraculous event I can never catch our house doing all the work! :)

Then I had counseling this after noon. I know some people are scared of counselors and I also know there are some BAD counselors because I met one of them before ! BAD. BAD.BAD
But I am lucky and have found one of  the angels. I hate the ride over (still fighting the PTS thing from the wreck) but - once DH drops me off . I am like a kid in toy land -and all my dreams are possible. If I had all the money in the world - it could not compensate her for the gift she has bestowed on me. I could never say -thank you - enough. We each attempt to navigate our way through this life and we each face lessons. Some of us seem very resilient and some of lose our way . But when you find yourself in the position and need a boost - who do you turn to? You feel like you lose a piece of yourself.

I do believe that the computer does open wide our window and it is a blessing as we meet so many "wonderful " people  -who are navigating their path too. So, thank you all so very much just for being YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Your story is funny, and advice well noted! :) I have an old kitty and is good as good. Even sleeps under the bed instead of on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO!!!! Not good Lyn lucky I do not have a cat to edit my patterns.

    ReplyDelete