I was trying to capture a picture of one of the dams that we drive by going home. We couldn't get any closer because the snow in the lot was up to the bumper on my little Tracker and with the hard ice on the top I didn't want to scar the little vehicle up. But next we pass another little dam on the opposite side of the road!
Well, we finally made it back home and ate some beans and cornbread and then I retreated to my sanctuary. But, I was not having the same luck as before .
This was my first lesson - I know it is hard to see, but the back of my project turned out to be considerably shorter than the front. So, I sat and pondered how I was going to remedy this obstacle ???? I did not have enough fleece left to cut out a whole new piece, plus I did not want to lose all that embroidery work! I could not cut the front down to match the back on account of the zipper???? SOOOO - I decided to cut a strip to make a band out of to make it the same length as the front.
This shows better how much shorter the back was from the front. I had to rip out one of the pockets so I could sew it back on the band to match.
This shows that I removed the green pocket and still shows how much difference the front is from the back.
I laid it out on the table to make sure everything was lining up correctly. Since my sewing room is small - and we all know how nice it is to have something to cut on . My DH took a piece of plywood that is 4 x 8 feet and two hinges at the back and screwed the hinges to the back of the plywood and to the wall. Then he added two little legs on the front with hinges. I really love it because I end up chasing fabric all over the surface and if I Need to get under the table to clean I just pick up on the front and the front legs fold up and the table top folds up also to be flat against the wall. It takes up just about half of the room's space.
This is the back view with the dragon in the center and the writing above is his name in Japanese. I thought that was really cool.
Now everything is in place and it took four days to complete and I am good and tired. Then I realized that I had to spray the topper with water so it would dissolve and only leave the stitches, But, it turned more of a mess and was like glue- icky - sticky! Yuck , so I gave up and put it in the wash machine! And, more holding breath! I am very happy that another project is successful . It never ceases to amaze me at how you can take a flat piece of fabric and turn it into something that someone can get some use out of - or like the quilters - they take a flat piece of fabric and turn it into a piece of art. But to be able to preserve our craft is very precious to me , as I know it is for you too.
Well, we get one more day of nothing falling from the sky - and then they say we will get 3 more inches on the first of the week. . Since I can not do anything about it - I just won't worry about it. I will count my blessings and know how truly blessed I am .