Thursday, February 18, 2010

Alright dear Lavender

     Alright my dear lavender , Let's attempt to make some progress and not make too many boo-boos! My next step is to sew the front and back together with right sides facing each other. I even used the selvage edge to help the shoulders keep their shape and not stretch out of shape.
     I always like to talk to my projects and hold in my mind's eye how lucky I am, for folks to love .Sometimes I feel down right sinful when it comes time to give the person something that I am hoping they will love and use.It completes my progress of the project =coming to fruition of my goal..

    
     I am pleased that I have got two of the shirts sewn together with only one "hiccup" . As I was sewing around the sleeve I let a little pinch sneak in on me - so I went back and ripped out the stitches that were involved-then I stretched the fabric so it would all lay smooth.  Now I have all my seams pinned -so that I can iron them and sew my seams in place.
     While I was working on these two shirts - one of the grandsons and a friend of his stopped for a minute. He asked me what I was working on and I told him shirts for a girlfriend's birthday. He said that I should go into business making jackets and have my own website. I was VERY moved that he liked his birthday jacket that much! He will probably never know how big a compliment that was -coming from a young person!  I told him that I was still working on my craft -striving to be perfect and that I know I am far from my goal. 
     But - I really think that it made my head swell - as well as my heart! To me that is such a honor!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely comment from your Grandson. You deserve it too!

    ReplyDelete