Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gloves


What a busy day -getting ready to go to my sister-in-law's in the morning -too bright and early for me. LOL
I have the wild turkey cooked and I fixed my Mother -in-law's recipe for cranberry salad. Hubby has been in and out eating and hunting. It is deer season and he lives to hunt. He got his big buck he wanted and he worked it up all by himself and took some of it and shared with some older friends who aren't able to hunt. I had a chance to sneak away and make two more pairs of gloves for him for Christmas.

I used a different type of knit and I really liked the feel of it. I had got it to make my second daughter-in-law a tee shirt(still waiting for  embroidery machine to come home from machine doctor) It is a little heavier and it has such a nice feel on your hands. I think he will like these and I am betting they will wear better too.

Sometimes I am so bright - I could almost be a lightbulb. After all this work and then today I decided that these will fit his right hand , but his left hand is even more crippled . It actually curves back into his palm - so I REALLY needed to make that one more like a regular mitten! Thank goodness I have this wonderful stash of leftovers from the tee shirts. I will attempt that after Thanksgiving.

I even washed 3 or our "furbabies" that hope to make the trip with us tomorrow. I have already loaded a pair of denim pedal pushers(my age is showing) to take with us. I had intended them to be part of my sister-in-law's Christmas present - But- I decided since this was my first time of working with the stretchy denim and I need to see how much I am off -BEFORE - I cut into the second piece I have to do her another pair. I would rather have one goof instead of two.

I wanted to take the time to wish one and all - the happiest Thanksgiving of all. Hold your loved ones tight and hopefully have a full tummy too. Thank you for all that you have shared with me .Much love and best wishes .I will catch you later in the week and hope to catch up with all kind of wonderful adventures .
Linda - the sewing granny.

No comments:

Post a Comment