Monday, July 13, 2009

A New Love Dances Into My life!


One day while I was working my my jackets and Lynne was keeping an eye on me - I noticed Lynne was pulling out a NEW TOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At first glance I noticed it was some kind of Bernina with what looked to me to have a clear plastic mini table attached to it to work on, but she pulled that off and attached another unit that had something that looked like an old time Embroidery Hoop????? My interest peeked and drew me to see what this new fangled creation was and what magic she was about to conjure up! I discovered she was making flags for a friend of hers who had a business making custom fitting bras and on these flags she was "Embroidering" a bra design. O MY STARS!!!!!!!!!!! I fell Madly in love and was consumed to learn more. I never even paused to consider with this "learning handicap" I was having that I was indeed venturing into deep waters. My main thought was with this ability I could add unique touches on all of my hard worked gifts to make each gift special and relate to each person. Lynne had lite a "fire" under my furnace - ONCE AGAIN - and it would not be denied - only problem was - MONEY! I might have had "Great Taste" - But a paupers pocketbook??? But you remember the old saying, "where there is a will - there is a way"????? That has always been my motto.

I did a LOT of dreaming and a lot of research and then one day we had to visit a bigger town from our house and I spotted a neat little sewing shop I had never seen before. It was called Alpine Sewing Machine:

Alpine Sewing Machine Co

3609 Brambleton Ave. SW Roanoke, VA 24018. (540) 989-4412 M-F 9-6 Sat 9-4. Picture. Alpine offers a unique place to shop for the finest sewing machines, ...
www.alpinesewingmachine.com/ -

I knew this was a deeper chapter in my life than I had ever ventured and it took all my courage to go through those doors. You should have seen the beauty I saw - threads of every color, machines of every use and the most beautiful projects displayed on the walls. Yep, I had landed in a sewing Heaven. I gave a quick look at the prices and felt my heart stop. I knew there was no way, but it doesn't cost anything to just look and dream - and Dream I did. The owners were so kind and when they came out to offer help - I pumped up my courage and asked if they had a "Used embroidery machine?" I almost fell out of my shoes when she came back and said yes, ONE! Well - ONE - was the perfect number for me. She let me sit down in front of this baby and showed me the designs the machine contained and my mind was already putting a design on Christmas presents. She started her up and let it run a simple design and I Knew that I had to find a way to "adopt " that wondrous machine. So, when she said the magic number - I whipped out that "magic credit card" and the new machine and I were going home together as my heart pounded so hard I thought it would break free of my chest. If I was going to die - I certainly was going to die happy.

Little did I know - there were MANY hard lessons ahead of me.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep me in 'stitches' ... sorry, I hast had to say that! TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you , thank you both! If I can put a smile on somebody else s face then my day is a great day! There is nothing like Friends!

    ReplyDelete