Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A New Addition Arrives?

My new adventure springs on me when I discover 11 months later that I was expecting once again, so I pulled out those "small grocery store patterns" I had folded and saved and started sewing "small" sleepers once again. Each project proved that my love of creation was growing stronger with each little sleeper. I loved the satisfaction that came from creating clothing for my little ones. I felt like I was covering them in "stitches of love". The sleepers and onesies were my two favorite projects and seemed to keep them in clothing that was useful and unique. By the next winter my little boy was into crawling and he needed a play jacket and that "pretty blue fleece jacket" that my baby girl had worn was looking pretty good to me - it had worn well and since there was no one to see him playing - he got to wear her fleece jacket that winter. Good thing he was only 11 months old and did not know what his Mom was putting on him - he only knew it was warm and soft . LOL The things you can get away with when they are little - surely is not the same things you can get away with when they get older.

As my daughter got in the "toddler" stage I got to move on to making her all kind of sweet gowns for her pjs and the cutest little sets of pants and shirts for my son. I was almost excited to watch them grow because it gave me new projects to tackle - ( I even got brave and decided I was going to tackle a robe for my Mom for Christmas. I picked the perfect fabric and carefully cut out each piece of the Puzzle . I double read the directions and went to sewing the pieces together! When I had finished I held it up to behold my new creation ! I had sewn the right side to the wrong side to the right side to the wrong side!!!! I was beginning to wonder if there was any hope for me???? ) the new projects filled the bill for what the babies needed until they reached middle school and learned about brand names. I could not compete with this new line of clothing and I Yearned to learn how to make more professional looking clothing - but my projects got pushed aside for more practical items like pot holders and simple curtains and pillows. I learned more about crocheting now and let my creations take me away from my love of thread and needles, but as long as I was creating for the ones I loved I was happy. Yet every time I was in a store I would turn the clothing inside out and marvel at how nice and neat it all looked and I felt this burning desire to learn more.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment