Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Dream Can Be A Funny Thing


It can be like a wild ride on the bumper cars OR it can be like a heartbroken lovers song? It can take you up this path and down that trail, leading you on new adventures - teaching you lessons as you follow it along, sometimes with much kicking and squalling - and then at other times with quiet defeat - seeking out this dream that your heart is yearning for. This dream can be much like a lover who leads you on with promises of hopes and desires yet to come and yet when met with failures - the hurt of betrayal can cut you to the very soul and leave you wondering what this is you are searching for?

So, what do you do? Give up and take another path OR do you gather your forces and resolve to try a different maneuver?
To all my sewing friends - what do you guys do when you find yourself stumped and disillusioned and "in over your head"???

This time I begged my step father-in-law for a manual and he managed to get me one . I studied it religiously and applied my wee little brain to threading the machine . Then I studied the tension and practiced and practiced and sewed a gazillion "bird nests" under each piece of fabric that I stuck under the needle. I did a lot of praying for help and I did a lot of Crying as that machine and I had war - one Battle after another.

Finally some miracle occurred and the fabric started to move through the process and I accomplished my First little sleeper. How thrilled I was !!!!!!!!!!! It was beyond my comprehension how this could be happening? My last process was learning how to put in the little zippers and put them on my baby girl. Here was a nice clean, brand new little sleeper and I was inspired and in love! Next came a whole wardrobe in all different colors and even mix-matching the sleeves so as to use up all little scrapes of fabric.

That got me through the cold months and finally the warm months moved in and I advanced on to doing those little "onesies" and now using little grippers between the legs and again I was overcome with the desire to learn new things and create a "one of a kind" wardrobe for my little one. Warm weather turned into colder once again and I changed back into sleepers that were heavier and they kept her warm as she now attempted to learn to crawl around on our cold floors. I also made her a little blue fleece jacket and I know I was more thrilled than she was.

By now the machine and I still Hated each other, I was winning more battles than I was losing - But there was very little "love " between us!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment