Thursday, July 23, 2009

Almost school-time




It was almost time for school to start again and none of us had much money for school clothes - but I had a fabric stash from being in the right place at the right time, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to learn some more lessons. I had found this knit fabric with the shooting stars on it and I thought the girls might enjoy some tee-shirts. This was also a pattern that I had not used before - I had caught it at Jo-Ann's when they have their patterns for .99 each. The one thing I did not like about this pattern was the neck-line. All they told you to do was to turn it under a 1/4 of an inch , but I did not like the finished result. It did give me an opportunity to practice more ways of trying to sew straighter lines?????

I also learned when you did not have enough of one color you could always accent by using your small pieces to do the arms and add more color. I was still amazed at how different pieces of knit all had different properties, some just made a sharper looking garment than other pieces. I sure wish I had somebody in my life who had done this before me and could explain all these tricks to me and tell me what to look for and what to expect! But I was not lucky enough to have a "Fabric Fairy" in my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO YOU??????????????????

2 comments:

  1. Those t-shirts for the girls look awesome! You have done a wonderful job with them. And NO, I don't have a 'Fabric Fairy' in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The t-shirts are so cute! They will be a hit at school!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete