Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Morning Frown



When I stepped out on the front porch this morning - this mess made me frown. It was a bag of old cornmeal that I had Intended to put in the garden to get rid of the ant. BUT it looks like another raccoon had other plans. Then he raided the Christmas Ball off of the old door wreath but it tangled on the wood porch and got hung or he might have found himself  " All Wrapped Up". lol



Then when I turned around I kinda had " a little Steam" coming out of my ears when I saw those milk jugs that had the plants in them you had seen me start way back when - GRRRRRR! Whoever thought you would have to put your Plants in a cage to keep them?????????????????????????????

I was so miffed. I try so hard and it seems that every little turn there is something going on.

So, I went in and had a cup of coffee-not my usual thing-but I thought it might help. It calmed me down so I decided to go out and put the little chickens in their little corrals because they were calling for a beautiful , sunny day with no winds. Now I had the energy to do that. That was very pleasant.

It turned out that I ended back up in the house 5 hours later??????  I ended up in the garden to get my digger because that dumb raccoon had gone behind the chicken building and dug up those daylillies I had just transplanted and made another Big Old Mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, yes, I was mad at him AGAIN!

But, when I was in the garden I noticed the weeds were taking over my strawberry plants . I had cleaned out Half of the bed , when my back had given out -so here was my chance to do the other side. I had to get down on my hands and knees and put my hands around the little strawberry plants and then feel for the stalk of the two different weeds which were wrapped around the plants and then fight to get the weeds out without pulling out the strawberry plants. Grrrrrr! It was a tedious job. But I was very happy I had accomplished it. Still dreaming of strawberries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially home grown berries -there is no comparison to the cardboard berries in the stores that cost a fortune and covered in chemicals.




Last night Lynne took me to the Sewing Guild meeting and the program was about dressing up fabrics that the lady used to do her quilts. Some of them she hand painted with acrylic paints and fabric medium, some she used laces and yarns and lots of embroidery and then even beads.  She had us practice several of the embroidery stitches and then we made this little flower with one big bead and then sequins and seed beads and it turned up and resembles a flower. Sorry the picture is fuzzy - I could not get the camera to co-operate.

It was an interesting program and more fun since we did some hands on . Lynne always has to work the next morning and on the way home they were doing road work on the Interstate and it caused us to be two hours late. I know she had to be hungry since she had left work and not had anything since her lunch. She said she would have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before she would go to bed??

We think we are in control of our life-but we really are not . You just never know what is around the next corner???? ~smile~

I received the last of my herbs in the mail today for my eye tea so I am anxious to mix it up . It is an old Native American remedy and you can drink the tea and wash your eyes too -so I am anxious to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment