Saturday, March 10, 2012

TA DAAAAAAA! Let me introduce!

My new "Main-Squeeze" - Janome 350E. Bless its little heart - this week has been one of TOO MUCH LIFE crammed into one week. It just does not seem fair -to have an over load of life in one week. I am longing for a nice quiet week where I could make my head quit spinning-but it does not look like this week has much hope of that. I was very disheartened that it seemed that I just fell into bed & turned around & fell into bed once again. Gone , my beautiful week before I even knew what happened.

So much so that even though my new baby arrived I could not find time to even take it out of the box. The man I bought it from must have a really good sense of humor! He actually had TWO machines for sale on E-bay. Now you guys know about the Demon Machine that I have battled with for the last three years & it was a Brother PE-700II. Well when this baby arrived it was shipped inside the Brother PE-700II BOX!  I think I almost had a heart-attack -except I did not have time to have one. I saw that name Brother & my heart sank - just at the thought that Maybe he had got the machines mixed up????????????????? Maybe that was another reason I was not so anxious to open that box.?????

But, my DH took matters into his own hands & took me to the sewing room & cut the tape on the box & Lifted out another box inside of that box  that said Janome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost passed out from joy!  But , I was still a little afraid to actually attempt to use it - don't want those HOPES smashed one more time.

So, I had a good excuse - I had a lot of reading to do? But DH is secretly married to his tv - and -for some reason I have Never been able to read & absorb anything while a tv is playing. Then I decided I would come to the sewing room & FINALLY sew together that shirt I had started on -when the Brother broke bad on me & thought it had ruined that bird design entirely. I give him credit for almost succeeding. But, I decided that it would still make a very useful house shirt - kinda a celebration of the divorce of "Brother - PE700II  & Webb". Over with - Done - Finished - well you get the picture. I am still tempted to tie a rope around its little neck & drag it through the community!!!!!!!!!!!

SO I gathered up my parts to the shirt & changed the thread on the serger & the sewing machine & placed the shoulder of the shirt to the serger & *^%&%^$^$&T&()*_() - now the SERGER broke bad on me. It yanked and pulled & jerked & stretched & knifed my poor shoulder all across that seam!

Do you think it makes any difference that its name is BROTHER 103D??????????????????????????? Surely -fate would not be that cruel?
We had a serious discussion for about an hour & a half before I called it quits & took a break. Maybe - just maybe tomorrow will bring much different results!!!!!!!!!!!
So, love to all !  And many Happy Trails to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL

5 comments:

  1. I hate days like that. Sometimes it feels like we get up just to get ready for bed again!!! Love your new machine!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your new machine becomes your best friend, the divorce from Brother is quick and easy and that Serger starts playing by the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brother Linda!!!!
    Did I say Brother or bother!!!!! Some days just come to test
    you don't they!!Let's see what happens when you really crank
    this new baby over.
    Good luck, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you a very patient lady Linda. I would have given up sewing long ago. Maybe the new machine will be really good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you have had trouble with BROTHER.. I haven't. I love my 3 brother machines. if there was a problem it was human error... but that is me I am always doing something I shouldn't lol
    Hope your new machine gives you hours of enjoyment. I heard Janome is good too. It doesn't matter what kind of machine as long as you have that love for sewing in your heart.. :)
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete