Saturday, February 25, 2012

Have You Ever Tried to Photograph the Wind?

Well, I had not either! This was on the way up to lock up my chickens . The wind was whipping so bad that it litterly blew me up the hill -that was the good part. I snapped this lovely picture but I cannot see the trees bending like they were . It was litterly taking my breath away & the power of the wind as it swooped down through the hollows  & then rattled the trees was something to appreciate.

One nice thing that was shown was that the days are getting a wee bit longer each day -so I know my New Zealand & Aussie friends are getting a wee bit shorter each day too. It is a little bit amazing to discover this different way of looking at things - the fact that what affects me - also affects others in a totally different way?

I have been So Busy just doing Stuff -you know how that "life" stuff is & how it just gets in your way?
I do know that a few of the kids are coming tomorrow to cut firewood for DH & I. I have to remember to put on a big crockpot of beans for them. Then I will make cornbread to go with the beans. I have to put on a loaf of whole wheat bread in the bread machine because our oldest son enjoys that. I am procrastinating because lately one time I will put all the ingredients & the next morning the bread is perfect - then the next time I do it it turns into a fat pancake & I have no idea what is causing the difference???????????????

O, One of my dear Aussie friends shared a link with me this morning -so if any of you crochet or knit - they have some nice patterns to drool over - some free.
http://www.garnstudio.com/index_lang.php

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the crochet link....
    enjoy your family coming over.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    That is one fantastis photo you have there!!! I love the colours in the sky. You could sign yourself up with National Geographic photographers!!!! I would be too 'chicken' to go and lock my chickens up when it is that dark. I'm a big brave tiger!! lol
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo Linda.
    Have a nice time with the family.

    ReplyDelete