Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Lovely Rainy Day

I am so very grateful that we are being blessed with rain instead of snow! It has 50 degrees and I am                                                                                    HAPPY!
If it would be this way all Winter long I would be thrilled!


I worked indoors this morning and then had a lovely visit from a dear friend for the afternoon. She had been shopping at a place she called World Market and shared her treasures with me including some Jasmine Rice, which she had shared last month and when I cooked it - it smelled divine! This time she had brought a little container with something called Rice Seasoning - so I am very curious to see what it is like????
She had been terribly sick with the flu at Christmas and I was so tickled to get to see her. I teased her about the fact she had told me one time years ago that she would not mind to get the flu and get to spend a few days in bed reading! She said she sure did get to "eat those words",as she was too sick to read at all!!!!!!!!!!


After our lovely visit I headed to the sewing room to start to work on those caps for next year. I sorted through the pieces of fleece I had bought and then went looking for the piece of pink fleece that I knew I already had. I unrolled it and cut some strips the size to match the new for the caps and ????? What did my eyes behold?????????? Would you believe that is Stinkbug Poop!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Turns your stomach, doesn't it??????????? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



So, I laid out my next piece of fleece and started cutting! I had intended this piece to be for the guys in the group and then I came up with the idea it would be good for the two young Dads with their young son they each have???. You have to cut out enough for the front and a liner and then it is reversible.


I was amazed that after an hour and a half of cutting my back was screaming at me to stop. Human bodies sure do complain a lot and Miss Callie was upside down by then anyway. I thought it would be nice for you to see that she sure did heal from being impaled and is enjoying the life of a kitty with a home now - instead of being throwed out like trash by somebody.

She is so darn hard to get a picture of because of her coloring. Even on this white she does not stand out?

No comments:

Post a Comment