Sunday, January 2, 2011

Double knit , lovely bluebirds tee shirt

Well, Hello Dear Blog Family,
     Sorry to not post last night - I think I must have had a little "Too Much" New Year  with my kids and grandkids and great-grandkids. I was SOOOOOO tired I thought I might "croak" , but had no time to rest until I fell in bed - thinking I would go fast asleep-But - things do not always work out the way we plan.

I was just so tired that it took me a while to calm down and let sleep sneak in on me. I kept thinking I should get up and do this or that or that or this and then I would think , that would disturb DH since he was fast asleep.

Then after we had breakfast this morning and DH had his nose buried in some kind of  hot-rod trucks  I decided to work on one little corner of the kitchen so I would not make as much noise as running the vacummn cleaner.It was a very "busy" corner because it help all of my clear canisters with dry goods like beans and macaroni. I thought that would be a good idea because I would not only get some dirt conquered -but would also "remind" me what I had in stock!

Then one of the young people who helps us just because he wants to showed up and he and DH went and busted a big load of wood. There I was , " still working " in the kitchen and the day just got away from me and I realized that evening was almost dark and they would be quitting -so I wanted to at least Feed James for all of his hard work.I washed and peeled and chopped some potatoes and put them in a pot to simmer while I went out and did the outside chores before dark settled in on us.

Then I came in and just added the last few touches on the potato soup as they were headed toward the house. I fixed James a cheese sandwich to go with his soup and a peanut butte sandwich for DH with his soup. I chose a cheese sandwich with mine . All of these were made on nice fresh homemade bread that I had just sliced and it was all good -maybe because we were all hungry and everything tastes better when you are good and hungry. :)

I cleaned up our mess and headed to the sewing room and got a XL size tee shirt with those "cutest " little birds on it. I really love the tye dyed fabric as it so so nice and soft. As I was working on the shirt my mind was wandering to our youngest son still without water since his pump went out?  If only there was some way I could come up with some money. I looked down at the shirt and wondered IF I would do any good trying to sell some shirts?If only????

This is the end result and the neck is kinda large on it, but it will be nice for summer as it is so soft. My sister-in-law has a birthday coming the first of next month and time just loves to plum run off from me-so that will be a size IIIX. I really do enjoy sewing for large size ladies and I really do love this pattern of tee-shirt.It looks large but this is a deliberate "OVERSIZED" tee shirt pattern.

It was sooo lovely here today too. It was in the forty's , but there was a stiff wind blowing so that made it feel colder. The land is so wet and so slippery. So, I guess our new week in a new year is off and running already. With this next week of nice weather -I believe that we are cheating OLD MAN WINTER out of his plans for a week and that works great for me! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love your t-shirt...You always make such cute ones. You and I both love embroidery.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those wee birds are so cute.
    OOOO an homemade fresh bread! I'm drooling thinking of it.. I used to make it every saturday.... fruit bread, garlic bread.. *sob*
    I don't any more... We ate too much!

    ReplyDelete