Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well, I guess I just "stumped my toe" with this New Year

It was a feeling a little like drowning so far this week. I had , what I hoped to be -my schedule for this new week-but yesterday after ending the day attempting to pay the bills we were making our last stop of the day at the drug store.DH had just used his last new cancer medicine and we were going to get his refill. I had called in our prescriptions because that makes the process so much faster.I had money in hand and then she said one hundred and ninety seven  dollars and I felt my smile trickle away as I said, something is wrong -what has happened from last month?

They tried to explain that DH had to pay for a certain amount up front before the insurance kicked in, and just his prescription was 179.00 which was more than we had left to get us through the month . You can imagine how horrible it seemed to see that bottle of pills that was helping to keep my DH here with me and money was standing in the way.Of course when it was taking me longer to come out than usual DH came looking to see what was going on and when he heard -he had a fit.  The little girl was upset -because she was so sweet and she could not do anything about it - I was upset and that was why I was trying to hurry and DH was definitely upset because he did not want to die. So, it made for a pretty miserable evening and then I could not sleep as I tossed and turned trying to figure it out.

Then this morning I called his insurance agent asking for help explaining the process. ___Of course -they were on vacation and might be back next week. Next I called the doctor's office looking for suggestions and -of course they have not called me back all day. I even stayed right with the phone all day , I cleaned the space under the phone and then I cleaned the living room floor because the phone is on the wall there.

I finally had to give up and go outdoors and do my critter chores and that got my mind off of it for a few minutes. But even still -no body called back?That seems to happen to me most of the time-I think it is bad business and very rude for a business to act that way.

I now have a sink full of  dishes and not the heart to wash them. I need to sew to help steer me in a different direction. My oldest son and my sister-in-law both have birthdays the first part of next month and my "stash" is getting low. Thank goodness for a stash!

Our weather was beautiful here today -made you think it was a day in Spring. I saw on the news tonight that Australia is having a Terrible flood and that worried me because I have E-friends there.

Love to my blog family

2 comments:

  1. our insurance has a 260 deductable now each for my husband. That means that our jan. meds will cost us 520. It is the new obama health care. i hope the new congress can do something about it. i don't know people can pay their insurance and buy med. please let us know if you are able to work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, I really feel for you and hope something can be worked out quickly. Your hubby needs his meds and you need him. I'm praying for you both. Hugs from me.

    ReplyDelete