Thursday, January 27, 2011

O Hello, Hello, Hello!

I do not know exactly how I managed to pop in for a visit -but -whatever it is I am delighted to visit with everyone once again. Still have computer woes-but I am attempting to work on them eveyday!

I do have an update - so if you need a laugh - here it comes. Remember the green pair of pants that I worked on so diligently -only to discover that they were a mile too big!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, would you believe that I DILIGENTLY  worked so hard to rip them apart and then worked DILIGENTLY to cut them down to size! I thought I was doing a wonderful job(LOL - we should know we are talking about me?)When I went to counting pieces I discovered that I had cut the  larger piece down to the smaller piece and I still had the Smallest piece and it was Way to Small to cut out the larger piece from!  !!!! I took a moment to have a "pity party" for all the hard effort and then I sat down and thought - what can I do with these parts. That fabric was wonderful - it had already won my heart. So, I pulled out the homemade pattern I had made to make DH work gloves and cut out a pair of them. I love them because they are so strong -yet durable-and they were tight but stretchy????

After having him model them - I still was very unhappy with the pattern. They just "fit"wrong - so I am in the process of attempting to draft a different pattern. To make this even funnier - I went to the doctor today and had a Wonderful new lady doctor named Dr. Mick. I fell in love with her-she is great. We were talking about the fibromyalgia and I was telling her how that fibro fog really messes with my mind and how I attempt to do the sewing projects and how we can all attest to the fact that I do more goof-ups than perfect projects-but that I kept on attempting to pull it off-that I was just stubborn!

She told me that they had actually did a survey of college students and how the ones that had the most "stick-to-it-ness" always seemed to come out better-even making better progress than other students who were smarter? So she told me that my ability to keep trying was a good quality. That put a smile on my face because I sure can stick-to-it all the way from a piece of fabric - to a pair of slacks- to a pair of gloves! LOL :)

I hope all of you are well and happy and making many new and wonderous projects !
Love to all!
Linda

1 comment:

  1. I think you are just the cutest thing ever!! I believe that you could do anything you set your mind too!

    ReplyDelete