Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thursday - all day long? :)

I remember waking up this morning and then the day was off and running . By the time you feed your spouse and clean up your mess you realize that part of the day is already run off and left you wondering how in the world can you catch up?

I went outside and worked on chores - more frozen bowls and lots of cold wind. I am discovering that I Really do not like Winter Winds. They are so cold that they seem to just fly right through your body before you realize what has happened.

After that it was time to feed DH once again and repeat your clean-up and sit down to catch your breath. I had started to work on a pair of slacks and that was the pair that I discovered had one piece for the pocket on each side. I was befuddled ????? But I decided to go ahead and cut those two pieces out and that was when I discovered that I ALSO had to cut out a waistband? I have never worked on a waistband before. By then I realized that time had slipped up on me and it was time to get ready to meet Lynne to go to our Sewing Guild meeting. Boy , it was cold !

It was So nice to get to spend time with Lynne once again. Lynne drove her little Jeep and it was nice and warm. We actually had enough time to get there a little early and meet a few of the gals. The presentation was four  tables with projects that the four local groups had worked on for the year 2010. It was fun to hear what each group had tackled. The first group was the Red Hatters and they had made some lovely table protectors and a cute red hat from the felters .

The second table was from a group of smockers with examples like little girls dresses, big girls nightgowns and also ornaments for Christmas and for Easter.They shared a magazine that was from Australia about smocking.

Another group spent the year learning about "FITTING!" They had learned about slide and something ??? also about draping -then making your own pattern. I actually fell in love with a poncho-that was what they called it -but instead of something to keep you warm -it was made from some very sheer fabric with silver butterflies on it! I just loved the idea! I just might have to try my hand at that project.

The other table had items you could use like an organizer for your purse and notebook covers. They were all so pretty. After all that discussion they had a "Sew and show! Where people had sewn items and it was so interesting to see what they had been up to. There was a lovely tote and the lady's 7 year old had made her first pair of pj's and they were cute as a button. One lady made a Large size purse and it looked like alligator skin-but the fabric was denim . The last lady really had a "one of a kind" dress that she and her adult daughter had been working on together. The daughter needed some kind of ball gown - at least the name was right- LOL The daughter was an avid hunter and she cut the dress from the brown camouflage fabric that hunters wear. It had spaghetti straps and long floor length with a train. It really was lovely and it certainly was Original. She said her daughter was thinking of coming out with her OWN designer clothing for the lady hunters of today.

One lady who sat in front of Lynne and I noticed us and asked IF we were the new members and we said yes. Then she asked IF we were Mother and Daughter! ROFL! You should have seen our faces! Lynne said she was wondering which one of us was getting a complement and which one was not! LOL It was so funny and the poor sweet gal just kept putting her foot in her mouth and all 3 of us were a nice share of beet red!LOL ! I think I will chuckle about that for a long time now. :)

So , it was a really nice adventure with a room full of nice -talented ladies. I would feel SO much more comfortable IF ONLY I had teeth where my gaping hole is at. Maybe one of these days ????????

It is 15degrees tonight and I went up with DH to feed the stove while I locked up my chickens for the night. That cold just wanted to go straight through me! I HATE the cold and I really envy all you folks that live where it is mild during your Winter. It doesn't seem fair that your "mild weather " is termed Winter -when compared to ours. . Wonder what we could call yours?? Hum? Maybe "Christmas Break"? Or - time to sew while the gardens are not going full blast??? Or time to go inward and reflect while not chasing gardens, flowers and birds?

But no matter what we either call it or think about calling it -it will keep coming day by day by day. So , might as well enjoy it and we are suppose to have some mild weather next week. I don't know If I believe our weatherman or not - SO- I will just go out each day and see for myself what the weather is ???? :)

I hope each of you have a wonderful new day to see what you can experience!
Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment