Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sewers Block

It certainly seems everytime I muff a project that I have a time frame of being blocked.  Probably because my brain is comparing ripping loose an entire project  as to just trashing it. I decided I would not take it to Goodwill because the last 50 stitches where I attached the waste band it puckered ! Big boo-boo!  So today has been a day of inner contemplation. I did get all my outdoor chores done early this morning . Then we had breakfast and after that I think my fibromyalgia and fatigue kicked in and I dozed in my chair as I attempted to read my brand new copy of Sew News that my Tenn. bud/internet sister gave me for a Christmas present. :) I think that is the gift that definitely keeps on giving. I decided that this is the best one we have received. It had a really neat project that I had actually seen at the Sewing Guild meeting ! It is a poncho made from sheer fabric and worn over something else. The one in the magazine is shades of gold and the one at the Sewing Guild meeting was black with silver butterflies and I just happen to love butterflies.

They also have a sewing kit that looked like an old timey sunbonnet . It gathers at the top and has supplies like threads and seam rippers and on the top brim has a piece sewn in that you insert your sewing pins into. It was very pretty and useful.

They had an article discussing a Valentine tunic which you insert lace in some of the parts - like sleeves and add lace over the lining of the main fabric. It was very interesting,

They also showed two tee-shirts , one embellished with ribbon sewn on in a flower design  and hot fix pearls  It is very pretty . The second one they embellished with dimensional fabric flowers and the hot fix pearls in the center. It too was very pretty.

They also talked about making curtains using large grommets  and that way these curtains would be very easy to open or close. I liked that idea, plus they mentioned you could use them in shower curtains.

They also had a very interesting article about fitting! Now who would ever think that I need lessons in fitting -just because I always end up not getting it right unless I used my two favorite patterns! It certainly is not Lynne's fault because we spent some wonderful time cruising through this part of a project. One lesson that I found to be VERY helpful watching Lynne was that it REALLY does help to have good match skills! Would I be saying that my match skills are not top notch ????? Let's just say THEY USED TO BE. I don't know for sure if it was the concussion from the wreck -OR- the fibromyalgia (doctors do not like to believe that-but you check out these fibromyalgia sites and you would be amazed at how many people experience this ) So believe what ever we want -but it is a fact that I really Hate. I used to be Amazed how Lynne would check out the pattern and the fabric and she would measure the pattern and plus or minus the sewing seam  and come up with the perfect numbers. She is such a whiz.:) After living my entire life yearning how to sew - even just letting me watch the master at work was amazing. She could charge me an admittance fee - much better than ANY book. I always wanted someone to watch and see the "flower unfold in creation"! It is a true miracle to me.

O YES! There was a brief clip about making a raincoat using laminated cottons.I know my mouth hit the floor BECAUSE I had actually seen some of this fabric last year and I pondered what in the world would you use it for!!! A Raincoat Never Crossed My Mind! The one thought that my mind played with was covering my bathroom walls with it! Well now-don't be so fast to disagree because I had one friend many years ago who covered her bathroom walls in some beautiful fabric with shades of blue and fishies and it was beautiful! Far prettier than any wallpaper I have ever seen. :)

So, as you can see my mind has taken a vacation today. Didn't even vacuum the floors so the dirt is very happy and with it raining and all of my furbabies running in and out   -I know what dirt looks like.I guess everyone needs to take a break sometimes to give your brain a chance to clear out the cobwebbs-Hey , I'm a WEBB - we are suppose to have cobwebbs! :)  LOL- I might as well tell on myself . There is actually a cobwebb in my DH's bedroom -in the darkest corner across his water bed that I have not figured out how to get to. But, the amazing part is I have tried to figure out how in the world a little spider wove a webb across a four foot span from one wall to the other wall????? I see it as a amazing piece of architecture.Sometimes the smallest thing can be a true source of inspiration.

Well, midnight has "snuck" up on me again! My good intentions have gone down the drain one more time. Life is such a challenge!
Love to one and all and have a great "day" - OR - "night"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment