Sunday, January 30, 2011

WHOOPEE! I made it !

LOL - I made it through the virtual slippery slide and popped in to see my beloved "blog-family"!  I am sooo glad to see you! What a day it has been -one thing after another!  Wheeeuuuu. We had another day of running and then DH spent the evening working on our car. I was so pleased to get some parts that my baby(vehicle) has needed for a while now.

I also worked some more on the gloves for DH. I still had one "LEG" left from those pants that I managed to kill this week. :( But, at least it was not all for nothing) I have been fiddling with  my  glove pattern  and they are coming along better. I managed to increase the size of the front  just a tab -kinda like when it comes to sewing a front to a back in  the pants - and that gave  me a teeny bit better fit. Plus, I came up with the bright  idea of adding a piece of velcro  so DH can  tighten  it up around his wrist if need be. I just want the varmits to stay on his hands when he is working out doors. They originally started out to be just to handle the firewood, but now they are started to show up in a lot of things he tackles. : )

I still hope to work on a shirt for my brother in law because I forgot his birthday in Nov. and since I have made my sister-in-law one for her birthday on Groundhog's Day  - I would like to give him one too. But , my heart has not been in it because of the fight with these computers. :(

Our oldest son called me today and he had finally got over a bug where he could check out his Dad's computer that had kicked the bucket. I had tryed all of the bag of tricks I knew to sweet talk that bugger- but - it just hated me and would not co-operate at all -so I had sent it to him to see if any of his bag of tricks would work on it at all. Needles to say it had defeated it too. We started throwing ideas back and forth-you know - the general things like a Virus???? I told him I did not think so at all because all of my protection programs show NO Virus at all -even though everybody thought a Virus was the only thing that could have killed three computers at once.

Back and forth we went Until he said , Maybe a Power Surge??? and a lightening bolt went through my head! That must be it -and I could even remember the day that I had been working on the computer with embroidery designs and  everything got shut-down. Of course I was Frustrated ! I hated to have my computer just up and die and knowing I would have problems getting back to what I was doing. But, you just attempt to move on -never putting all the clues together? But that made good sense now that I had been hit over the head with a brick-errrr - maybe a computer???? LOL  Especially since all three of them had messed up at the same time. I was heart-sick when I thought of how hard it would be to replace all three computers?How unfair it seemed-that we depend upon the electric company so much and that they seem to have the power to just up and destroy your stuff that that depends on them to run to start with?

I remembered that every day since that day had been a battle -one that I felt like I was losing rapidly. I happened to remember that my Tenn. E-sister had told me one time about a product that you plug your computers into and IF they get hit by a power-surge it gives you time to close out your work and shut your computer down to save it. Of course they come in different time periods -thus different prices.I told DH IF I had known that before I bought my first computer I would have got one of those things to start with.These computers are just too expensive to just up and lose them.Plus, all the stuff we all have on our computers is a disaster to lose. If we did not want it - we certainly would not have saved it???? I have been looking at those external hard drives that you can save your stuff too also -but that mean ole "Money Monster" kept poking his head where I did not want him to belong.

I have been working on the sewing room puter all evening and I have tried a new experiment. Have you ever heard of a browser program called Netscape? Well, I  had not . From what I read , the first Web browser, developed by the teachers and students who created the Web, was called Mosaic. Eventually some of those teachers and students broke away from the university and formed their own company, Netscape. For years Netscape made the best Web browser, Navigator,used  by more than 80% of internet-using people. Then Mr. Gates took notice and developed Internet Explorer.

So, to make a long story shorter - I decided to test it out and see what happens. Well, the first thing that happened was I was able to jump on here and holler at you guys! : ) That put a smile back on my face! : )
So, I have some more tweeking to work on , but because I have got to go fall in bed because it is already 3AM and I am pooped again. But I just had to holler at you and send you good wishes!!!!!!!!!!

So, I guess the "virtual drams " continues to play itself out " and I think I should get one point today! Yea!
Hopefully I will see you all tomorrow and hope you will have a lovely day! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment