Saturday, January 15, 2011

I sabotage myself!

Are you familiar with the phase : we are our own worst enemy. Well, I think I am getting just too good at that.
I got up late because of trouble sleeping last night. Hubby and I ate a late breakfast and then I had a friend call that I had not got to talk to for a long time and since my hubby was gone and her hubby was gone we talked for an hour and half. It was such a treat to "catch up". PLus she also gave me some feedback on the shirts I made her for Christmas. She asked me about the fabric because she had spilled some chocolate on it and then "pre-treated it" and it did not come out. But this was the first shirt that she had I made that acted like that? I wish I knew more about that and why that resulted like that?????

Then after we hung up , I grabbed a nice bowl of cereal before I went out to do chores. It was quiet pleasant outdoors today. That wind was not whipping -so it made it much easier. I still had all the bowls to thaw out ,but that was alright too.:) But I have a strange quandary?IF I am in the house -I do not want to go outdoors and IF I am outdoors I do not want to come back in the house. So, this was one of those days after I got everybody fed I just kept jumping from one thing to another and that lead to me staying outdoors for several hours. When I finally made it back indoors DH called from our son's and said that he was coming home.

That was when I realized I had lost my chance for a nice quiet sewing day. He was starved and we fixed grilled cheese on fresh , homemade bread and it was go good.You know how it is : you clean up your mess and put everything away and there goes your day. I wanted to just "kick myself". I think I have always wished there were two of me !

  As you can see-my little buddy is back - high and dry. I think this must be his favorite tree because he really is like a "homing pigeon " as far as returning. I think these pictures turned out SO much better! He is just so cute to me. But, I think he is really mad at me for taking all the pigeons away from him. They are safely tucked away in the building until I can get that poultry wire to run around the pigeons lot.

Well, Shoot! It is now midnight so I hope to hop in bed.I hope you all have had a wonderful day!
Love to all! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a funny day you had! Nice that you got to talk to a friend, and the pics are amazing!
    We had a very quiet weekend, and hope yours was a good one too.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete