Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Always a Lesson

This is the shirt that might be for my sister-in-laws birthday? She had said that the shoulders were too wide , but I told her that was the way the pattern was for an oversized shirt. And sometimes they were too tight across her tummy? So, I decided to experiment - I took the next size on the pattern which would be a XXXL. I cut the shoulder down about half and moved the under arm seam up, but kept the tummy  as a XXXL. Now as I study it I think it is really too large?

I wish I had it completed this morning because we met each other  for lunch this morning and I could have had her try it on. Eddie  paid for all of our lunches. He is a great guy. But he was a lesson too. HE said the shirts I made him for Christmas were the right size EXCEPT  the arms were too tight?

I really need to take this shirt to her and let her try it on so I can see for myself how it lays and then come home and make up a master pattern just for her . Then I also have to make a note to self : saying to pay attention to how much stretch the knit fabric is because that also makes a difference???? Wonder IF my little brain will be able to file that so I can remember it when I need it?

Hummm? I believe that this must have been a successful day because not only did we get to have a nice visit -but I also learned something New. :)  Now, If only I can hold onto it.

Boy , as we were coming home those skies were just getting darker all the time. They looked like they could pour out buckets of snow, but so far we only have about an inch of nice soft snow and I had no problems doing my outside chores. :)

I hope you guys have all had a wonderful day and enjoyed it. :)
Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you had a better day today. I love it when I can look back and say I learned something. I think your work is great!!! It is suppose to be really cold here tonight and the snow is now gonna be ice. I am enjoying my time here at home though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making a master pattern for someone is a good idea.
    I hope you don't get too much snow.
    Still lovely and warm here.
    Oh and I posted a wee parcel to you, should get to you in about 2 weeks I'm told.

    ReplyDelete