Sunday, January 9, 2011

Misadventures of a granny who keeps trying :)

Wonder why it is that sometimes things just "seem to fall in place" and  other times no matter how hard you try it seems that they just go awry?

This was a snow shower that kinda blew in . I decided that sometimes we manage to Just get stuck -and then there is times like the weather that just blows in from "who knows where " -so we can either accept it or hate it for the complications it causes.

But I am attempting to learn that every experience in our life is there to teach us and make us wiser. Of course when you are stubborn like me - it might make it just a tad bit harder! :)

So, with that in mind I decided to go ahead and tackle a birthday shirt for my sister-in-law on groundhog's day. I decided that the one piece I had with enough in it was a knit that feels like thermal and I had been debating whether she would enjoy something like that? Sometimes I have a REAL problem with my " mind-reading skills"!


So I picked out a design and started down this path. It was a bird design and I thought she might enjoy that because she used to raise birds and was great at it.

It seemed like things were going excellent and I had high hopes that this was going to be my "New Start" in a New Year. So, I plugged away and things were moving along nicely. My Brother PE-700II was acting like such a Professional and I was so proud of it. But that only lasted until the very last part of the design!

The outline in black started out perfect , but then took off like a misbehaving child????? I was heart-sick. I even took my needle and thread and "filled "in a lot of it so it does not look SO terrible. And I have been carrying it around trying to decide whether to just "trash-it" or go ahead and sew it up????? A certain way you hold it in the light it looks like one of those pictures that seem to change as you move it? 

Then I have a hard time "wasting" anything  - much less fabric! Maybe I should go ahead with it and she can always use it to just clean house in? I would like it for that because it will not show dirt easily. I am still "straddling" the fence here? Maybe I should just go feed DH and hope the right decision will pop in my head? You guys are welcome to "hop in on this one" anytime. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I love the effect. It's like 3D. Go ahead and finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it looks great! I sure wish I could do that! And by the way, that was the sweetest thing you said on my post. It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much. We are waiting on snow now! Everything is already closed and we haven't saw a snowflake yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour you used for the embroidery. It is just stunning!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete