Sunday, January 16, 2011

I did try?

And to prove that I did try I have the proof. :)

This was when I first got an early start and I was trying to figure out how to attach the Pocket Facing to the front of the pants? You can tell I was starting to live in "never-never " land -which you will see very quickly.
It's just that I was attempting to be VERY VERY careful not to make NO boo-boos.I should have known I would have problems because every time I reached for something I could not see it - it was a lot like standing on a moving carousel  and you are reaching for the gold ring? I kept reading and studying and reading and studying -like that old saying : cut once -read twice? I finally got the two pieces attached and when I moved onto the next step - that is where I got in trouble.

The next step said to stitch POCKET (which I thought I had already done?LOL) to pocket facing, right sides together .I thought I had finished with the pocket - Wrong! And this is where I get lost. Then you are suppose to baste across upper and side edges, Having finished edges of front at circles on pocket. But it was not until the next step where you sewed fronts to backs and I could not figure out how to make a piece of the "Pocket" fit anywhere to sew it????????? I knew I was in trouble so I decided to just take a break and go out and do the chores -hoping that might "REBOOT" my brain!

By the time I got back inside it was supper time and DH was right on my heels sniffing for food! I ended up fixing a pot of green beans and potatoes from the garden in the pressure cooker and while they were cooking I fried corn bread patties to go with them. They all turned out so good and I was So grateful . :)

It was not long until I looked at the pants again and knew I had to rip out where I had sewn the two pocket pieces apart and that was a real pain because I was so sure I was right I had "Double-stitched" them. Those seams were definitely never coming apart. :)

I needed to do the dishes and this was what I found in one of our computer chairs in the kitchen. :)

This is our upside down cat dozing cat named Cowboy. I was so surprised I couldn't believe my eyes.

 If he was trying to get a laugh out of me - he sure succeeded! After dishes I did tackle reformatting DH's computer -with no luck . I am almost sure it is fried and that is not a good thing. I am learning there are a lot of ways for a computer to just up and die and some of them are out of our hands. I am beginning to think that each day each of us get to use our computers that we are VERY lucky!

Last week Lynne was telling me about something called a "Brown Out" and how they can kill a computer or even appliances. I told her I had a surge protector on them . But she said this was something similiar , but all of a sudden the lights in your house will just dim down very low for just a bit and then grow bright again. That made sense because our electricity is always going off or acting flunky . I figured it was hurting our things , but had no idea how to protect them? And for all 3 of the computers to get sick at one time-just seemed too much to be a coincidental happening?

Gosh, here it is Midnight and we just came in from some "chicken - chasing"  and feeding the guinea pigs their supper. So much for good intentions-see how time just gets away?????????

I hope each of you have had a lovely day-we sure did . The weather was Very pleasant and they are calling for a wintry mix tomorrow evening and the cold returns, knowing that I did not miss it at all!!!!!!! (You know, now that I think about it - I wonder if some of Australia's heat could have "leaked" through to us-if it did I hope that some of our "cold" seeped back to them for the day! WELLLLL - that seems only fair???

Love to all of my blog family and happy trails to you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Your adventures in sewing make me want to try to make some clothes. I sure need them. One of my computers died the other day and I kept describing it online and saw many suggestions when one finally worked. I removed the plug and removed the battery for 30 minutes. Then plugged back up and it was as good as new. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete