Thursday, August 6, 2009

Two of my dear Friends.


Even sewing grannies need friends - some need two legged - me , I need four legged, someone to tell all my troubles to and they will never breath it to a soul - so my secrets are save forever. Plus, they do not mind to be "bothered" - I love the way I can Always go to them and never have to worry if I will offend them or if they are too busy to be bothered. They are just there to offer me love all the time - I personally believe that they are angels with fur on them sent here just to console me and for this gift I am so grateful.

Hobo is the one on the left and he is my orange Persian. I found him 11 years past while I was helping take care of my Mother-in-law after her fall. She lived in a little house between two roads and a railroad track, so there were LOTs of traffic of all kind around her house on all sides. One day I had stepped outside to shake a rug and there was a Mother cat and some little kittens following her around . My heart just sank because this was not a safe place for "fur-babies" of any kind to be. I tried to buddy up to them , but they were way too wild - but I had hunger on my side and soon with the help of food they were letting me sit at a safe distance from them as they filled their tummies. It took me a little while before one day this little angel that I had fallen in love with to actually come over to me out of curiosity.My heart was about to beat out of my chest as he let me gently stroke him and lure him into my lap to go to sleep. Finally I had my prize possession in my grips. I have been bringing a little cage and he let me put him in the cage and catch his orange and white brother also. I brought them home and showed my hubby and told him how I knew they would get killed if we did not take them in. They both lived happily for a couple of years until one night his brother got up in the window and clawed the screen out and disappeared into the night - only for me to find him dead in the road near our house the next morning. It really broke my heart, but Hobo was there to console me. I did not know when I brought him home that he would turn out to be what is called a "ragdoll" . It means when you pick them up they just Melt in your arms like a floppy ragdoll - it makes it real difficult to hang onto them. Since he has long hair it makes him doubly slippery as he wants to just slide through my arms and get away. He has the sweetest gesture of coming up to me and taking his paw and gently touching me on the cheek, so I really do adore him.

The one on the right hand side is called Cowboy. He was another "wild rescue" that my girlfriend gave to us. I really do have a "thing" for long haired cats - I just wish their long hair would stay on them . lol I named him Cowboy because when my hubby was a little boy he wanted to be a cowboy and he still watches cowboy movies every chance he gets. I thought this would be one way he would remember his name and come to love him. It worked because everywhere my hubby goes outdoors , Cowboy goes with him talking all the way! He will stand up on his back legs and really carry on a conversation with you.

Hobo is a complete gentleman and gets along with any and everybody - but Cowboy seems to despise the "sewing cat" - Rosie .Every chance he gets he grabs her and pulls out fur. If she sees him coming she starts spitting out threats - so he is banned from the sewing room as that is Rosie's main domain.

I do love my "furbabies" and have come to believe that saying - "Everything looks better with cat hair on it". LOL

2 comments:

  1. They are BEAUTIFUL cats... for cats!
    I am a dog person myself... our Teddy is like a Cat-Dog! He's small and cute.. and totally loyal and lovable. We adore him.
    Cat hair? No thanks. Teddy does not shed at all! I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fur babies....yes, I have a sweatshirt that says, *no outfit is complete without cat hair*..well, since we don't have anymore fur babies, I will have to get another shirt..lol But yours are darling..I want to rub their bellies as Toby loved that.....
    Char

    ReplyDelete