Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I have another friend

who has worked so hard all her life. Her husband told her when they were first married that IF she wanted anything in this life that she would have to work to get it. And work hard she has. There have been times when I would not see her for long periods of time because of her working to pay the bills. She asked so little from life and she was so special to me.

The first time we met was a phone call. The husbands had told her to call me to tell me that they were taking a trip and would be gone that night. Well she managed to get the words out of her mouth and then when I went to thank her for her consideration - the phone line went dead. She told me much later that she was scared to death that I would bad-mouth her. That was funny because we became the best of buds for years always trying to keep each others backs.

We loved the simple things like walking in the park or canning our gardens together or just sitting watching our chickens digging in the dirt while we "solved world problems" - (usually our world problems) It seems when you have a friend - that just sharing the problem - lightens the load.

She is such a little short thing and in my opinion this oversized tee shirt that I love so much helps to cover a wide tummy - or like me - a wide pair of hips - and to make us look more slender. I did much better on this shirt when it came to the topstitching around that neckband and I was kinda feeling good about this shirt , although she did say she would rather I put a chicken on it??? lol

1 comment:

  1. Linda, what a neat neat story.....I have 2 friends, sisters, that I grew up with...we meet at her house every saturday where I give them sewing lessons. And this has just been in the past yr and a half as we didn't get together all those years past till now..we even lived next door to ea other growing up too....how neat is that??????? hugs, Char

    ReplyDelete