Monday, August 24, 2009

Customizing Jeans?



I was feeling the need to "stretch some new brain muscles" , so I decided to tackle a new project I had never attempted before.

I have granddaughters and all of the young ones I know are into jeans, so I bought a pair and had my first attempt at "ripping" out the side leg seams so I could get in there and attempt some embroidery work.

I decided Jeans fabric is really fun to embroider on and had really good luck with this project. I wasn't too thrilled with sewing those side leg seams back up , but I got it pulled off and it turned out to be some of the kids favorite gifts.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cool! Over there 'customising' jeans would involve hanging them up on the clothes line and shooting holes in them with a shotgun! lol

    ReplyDelete