Monday, August 3, 2009

Christmas is such a Quandary?



I love Christmas , I always have. From the time I was a little girl and my Mama Always went out of her way to make my Christmas special . Now that is what I want for everyone - I want each person to know that they are special and that someone thought of them.

This time my mind turned to my Mother-in-law who was staying with her daughter in another state. She had worked so hard her whole life to raise her brood of 4 living children all by herself. Her husband had left the family when they were all small and she worked long hard hours in a sewing factory to feed and clothe them.

I first worked on her another long sleep shirt and this one I put long sleeves in because she was so little now that she had a tendency to stay chilled. Of course the fabric of choice was knit because it was SO forgiving with my mistakes and I embroidered the little bunnies on it - hoping to put a smile on her face.

Next I remembered that red was one of her favorite colors and roses were one of her favorite outdoor flowers. When she was at her home she had a red running rose at the corner of her house and that bugger had the meanest thorns in town. But it was so beautiful and smelled divine. So I found the red towels and embroidered the white roses on it just for her

I discovered that I did enjoy embroidering on towels as they were not too fussy. All you had to remember was to put a "topper"(a piece of water soluble stabilizer) on top of the towel before you embroidered so the stitches would not hide in the plush of the towel. I was really loving my little embroidery machine because you could customize your gifts according to the personality of the individuals.

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas too, and I always enjoy preparing for it and making all kinds of decorations.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  2. STOP. GIVING. ME. MORE. IDEAS! I already have enough unfinished stuff to do... without adding more things to do! Pffffft. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete