Thursday, August 13, 2009

Customized Jeans?



Well, Christmas was sure coming around mighty fast and each year as it draws close I start to panic and wonder how I can come up with fantastic gifts that are different??? I have a teenage granddaughter who loves racing so I was on the search for something for her when I accidentally stumbled onto a site: http://www.canadianliving.com?crafts/kids_crafts/denim_redux_add_a_crafty_fabric_cuff It said Denim redux:Add a crafty fabric cuff to your jeans.

They called it a fix for ratty- hemmed jeans - but I imagined a feisty racing theme for a racing fan. So, I called her Mom and asked what size jeans she wore? Next I made a trip to the Goodwill store looking for the perfect pair to experiment on. I did not cut the waistband off - I decided to just make a fabric belt to top it off. I was scared to death to cut the bottom off the legs and then I had the fight with the checkered fabric trying to keep it straight as I sewed it on and top-stitched it. Finally it was finished and I really hoped she would be impressed. The day finally came and she did love them - only when she tried them on - they did not fit???? I don't know who was more disappointed - me or her??????????????? This being human is really tough! The best intentions often do go astray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment