Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Little Engine That Could?

Did you ever read the childhood story about the little train that tried so hard and he would get to that hill and to not be overcome by it - he would steadily tell himself - I think I can, I think I can?

Well, that was my frame of mind when I decided I wanted a pond in our yard. I spoke to my husband about it and he told me that I could not DIG a pond in the yard Because of our sewer lines. But you know that saying - where there is a will - there is a way! I finally found a friend who had a dump truck and one day he was passing by our house and I gave him somewhere to dump his dirt. Then it was my job to DIG! Each day I took my shovel and I dug and I dug until I could dig no more . As I started to make progress I would tell myself - I think I can, I think I can - until one day I had a little pond. But now that I had a little pond - I wanted a bigger pond and now my son was working with heavy equipment and he brought me another load of dirt and dumped it beside the first pond. So here again I started all over with - I think I can , I think I can. Then the rains came and I played in the rain for most of the month - But I still kept on with my "I think I can - I think I can - until one day - I had a second pond . It was a very educational experience. AND a very Sore one!

So when your dreams come calling to you - do not be discouraged if they seem out of your reach - just take it one little step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment