Saturday, August 1, 2009

New Sewing Help Arrives



I know , I know - I did definitely not need any more critter hairs as we already had 10 dogs and 3 more cats. BUT - I fell in love. She belonged to another family and the Dad gave an ultimatum that she had to GO because the kids would not clean up after her and she would not leave the daughter's bedroom because she was scared of their dogs - so I took her home with me. I thought I was nuts because if she was scared of their 3 dogs - how in the world would she Ever adapt to my 10 dogs????

I started her out by putting her in a crate where she could see out at all the critters ,but gave her a place to hide if she needed her privacy. But the privacy she needed was to take the rug I gave her in the cage and she balled it up and hide in the center of it as she peered out at this new family that she did not think she liked the looks of.

After she had been in the house about 2 weeks everybody just assumed she was family so I ventured to turn her loose to roam, and roam she did - picking out my sewing room as her new domain. And she ruled with firm authority, helping me with all of my projects. IF she even thought there was a new project in the works she would sneak over and lay down on it and I declare you could see all the light hairs explode onto my project.

Another of her thrills was assisting me lay out pattern pieces! As I laid them out - quick as lightening she would tear into them either shredding them to pieces or flinging them to the great beyond.

She was a connoisseur of fabrics also - loving them almost as much as I did. She had to touch each one and try to claim it as her own.

One trick she learned early - the young chihuahuas taught her . If they caught her down on the floor(instead of on my cutting table which she ruled from) they could try to chase her back up on the table. Boy, did they live to regret that one! As her domain increased in size she would walk to "HER" door and if the pups walked by she would swat them on their rumps and make them scream as that mean ole cat attacked them now. She remembered each one and knew exactly what kind of punishment to dish out.

I can honestly say I have never had to much "Help" in anything that I ever did . She never misses a chance to "assist" me in my endeavors and always so joyful to be able to "shoot her light hairs over any project that I turn my head to. For the first time in my life I now know all about "lint catchers" and they are a very nice option. I even tried the new fangled kinds that you order and are sticky and you roll them and they pick up the hair and then you wash them in the sink sprayer - only to discover that they did not last but a few times and were a waste of money in my book. So I have gone back to the old fashioned paper kind that still" get the job done"!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty little lady. And now she will be happy & safe ... forever. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds lovely... for a cat! *smiles*

    ReplyDelete