Thursday, January 26, 2012

A few of my buddies

I have not got to sew today as I had a buddy drop in . We did come to the sewing room & as I started pulling out treasures looking for something -she was amazed & we both just got captured by the magic.So , I decided to introduce you to some of my "other buddies" . LOL

I did have a "quirky" moment this morning. I had read an article that said IF you would drink the juice of 3 carrots -you could help prevent macular degeneration with your eyes. My eye doctor has spotted what he thought to be the start of it 3 years back & I do not want it to steal my sight. I have a very cheap -old juicer which I pulled out of storage. I had washed up the carrots & one apple that we had left. I sliced them to where they would all fit down the hole into the machine.  I even remembered to put a glass to catch the juice coming out - instead of forgetting to like I do 90% of the time -with me squealing while the juice runs all over the counter top into the floor -so I was pretty proud of myself as I put iced cubes in the juice & diluted it with water. I had decided to make a small 9x 9 cake with the pulp. 

I opened the machine & was scooping the top of the pulp down into a bowl & I discovered that the rest was slices of carrot & apple- not pulp -but big slices of the carrot & the apple. I still cannot figure out how it did that -other than to say that machines hate me.lol

Thank goodness that my "critters" do not!
I did  get that carrot cake made though & DH & James & I enjoyed it for supper. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    I'm going to start eating lots of carrots now!! Love your critter!!!
    Regards, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok ok I will start eating more carrots.. But i do love carrot cake... Love the fishies... Always wants an aquarium but no place for one.
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz posted your remote caddy.. It was fun to see yours on Liz's blog.. Glad you join ed in
    Hugs
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG carrot cake... I am drooling at the thought.
    Don't have too much carrot juice or you will actually go orange!

    ReplyDelete