Thursday, November 23, 2017

Not Enough Minutes in a Day


I have decided there are never enough minutes in a day. They just fly by way too fast and the older you get the faster they go - OR- the slower we go - I have not decided which yet?????

The deer hunters arrived at my house at 6:45AM  so I rolled out of bed too and started my morning . It was cold - 20 degrees when I ran out to feed the donkey and saw Crystal coming down the hill dragging her first deer.  She was just as calm and matter of fact like she had done it all her life.

I told her to cut me a leg off and bring it in and I would de-bone it. Doug use to do it outdoors in the building but my hands just will not take the cold. While she did that I gave all the outdoor critters fresh food and changed out their frozen water.

As I was de-boning the leg Cory and his son-in-law Timothy came in from hunting. Plus, Doug's brother's two grandson's popped in and said hi. Cory sharpened my knife for me. That is one job that I just cannot pull off. My husband always kept them sharp as razor blades and it makes the work go easier.

I barely got everything put somewhere in time to run to Cory's house to eat Thanksgiving with everyone in Cory's family. It was nice to get to see all the grandkids and great-grandkids.  Of course the meal was delicious. Cory had cooked the turkey and a canned ham outdoors in a cooker and Ashley had fixed a lot this year. It amazes me to look at these children that I have watched grow up and now have babies of their own. That time just flew by too fast.I wish Doug was still here to see them all and give them a hard way to go like he always did. He was always the social one-

I got to see Cory's building that he had gone to W.Va. to get and it had got blown off his trailer by an extremely high wind . He is putting it back together now.
They also have the most beautiful aquarium in the living room and it has the most beautiful frame around it. I loved their little tree frog that they had saved from a mishap outdoors and right now he is the cutest little fellow. Tracy also has her cockatiels and they are so very pretty and have two babies.

I had to leave so I would not have trouble driving near dark but made it home in time to do my evening chores as I kept saying I would finally get in the house and get a big cold tea and put my feet up-then I remembered to have to bring in wood -then I discovered Crystal had a laundry in so I drug it outdoors and hung it up on the clothes line while I put in her second load of laundry. I discovered I still had some deboning to do and then fed the pups their supper. Then the second load of laundry was completed and I had to hang it outdoors and feed the donkey his evening meal. I headed for my drink and saw the big bone in the bowl so I carried it up and gave to Crystal's coonhound . Man- was I ever going to get that drink? My head was starting to hurt and I noticed that there was a trail of smoke all around me that did not look like it was coming from my chimney?? So, I hiked up to the top of the hill and discovered it was from my chimney and it would do straight up in the air and then settle in a long tail along the entire crest of the hill??? Almost making it look spooky.

OK, no danger so I headed to the house and this time I have found my drink and completed these butterfly magnets that I am adding to my Christmas projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment