Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Butterflies


It was a funny day- After morning chores I started on the wood pile once again. It was calling for rain so I wanted to get everything accomplished that I could before the temperatures drop on Thursday night. When the temperatures drop it makes it very hard for me to work out in the freezing weather because of my hands.

It stayed dark and overcast and you expected the sky to fall any minute. I would load a few of the logs up on my little two wheel dolly and then drag them up the hill to where the wood splitter is at . The ones of them that are too long I was cutting down to the 20 inches that fit on the splitter.

I was getting good and tired when my buddy, Joyce showed up with a salad -what a wonderful excuse for a break and to visit with a friend. I always consider friends to be a gift from God and it was a great honor to see her. We had a short visit and she took off and I went back to my wood . Just a few trips up and down the hill I noticed it was getting awful dark??? I wondered if a storm was coming as I kept working until I could barely see?? So I gathered everything up and took off and fed the donkey and shut up the chickens . By then it was dark and I still had to gather the trash up and take it to the road??? FINALLY I realized it was where the time had changed over the weekend and I am now an hour shorter on daylight , so it gets dark at 5:30pm instead of 6:30pm??? GRRRRRRRRRRR

I came in and took a shower and heated up a big bowl of my bean soup and it was SO GOOD. I fed the pups so we could all eat together. Crystal came in from work and popped in for a moment .

I cleaned up my mess and then the pups had a conniption . I went out on the porch with the light and the had bayed a opossum? So, I just left them to tire themselves out while I went back in to work on another crochet project.

This time it is butterflies???? Of COURSE I still have to learn everything the hard way. I had completed these two little guys and found a roll of that magnetic tape. So I cut it in sections to fit ont he back of the butterflies. I found my glue gun and attached them and let them dry. Then I thought I would just store them on the fridge until I had a collection of them for Christmas gifts, but when I put them on the fridge - THEY just FELL off! The magnetic tape was not strong enough to hold them- GRRRRRRRR! I like to NEVER got them UN- attached to the tape so now I have ordered a set of button magnets and they should arrive next week, so maybe I can get 26 of them completed as that is the number of magnets . I think they are cute and make me look forward to SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment