Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Interesting Day for Butterflies


It was a very cool , damp day . My friend Joyce had a friend of hers drop off a bundle of Dry Hardwood for me . I am amazed at the difference in how seasoned wood burns although I did know that . But, I have never been able to convince anybody in my family the difference that it makes. Joyce pays a small fortune for her wood and I have wished I could cut enough for her too -but she only uses the nice stuff. I am still hoping that removing that chimney cap will help my problem with my chimney.

After Richard left I sharpened my chainsaw and went out and cut on one side of the walnut tree that has been down since Spring . It is hard work by ones self because you are cutting and moving the branches by yourself. ( not like when DH cut and I piled all the branches and kept the path clear for him so he could work ) Then when I refilled the saw I went on the other side and that was when I noticed that Crystal had cut a few pieces for her stove for the greenhouse and I realized that was probably what this tree was for , so I cut most of the branches on the opposite side until I got to the top part of it and realized the mound I was standing on was spongy??? Where was all those "butterflies" coming from around my feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAD EYES - not butterflies - Ground Bees!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness for the cold and the  dampness as it slowed them down enough for me to escape unharmed!!!!!!!

So, yes, I Love the butterflies on this page so much better than the ones my eyeballs thought they were seeing!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment