Sunday, November 26, 2017

A Funny Sewing Project

I had treated myself to these suppose to be very warm gloves made of some kind of special yarn because of the problems I am having with my hands freezing while doing outdoor chores?

I got them home and they were very soft but when I tried to retrieve my hand from them I noticed that there were two layers of them and the inside layer wanted to come inside out with my hand????

Not good - I had had a pair that did that one time and it always took me an extra 20 minutes just "Fiddling " with them each time I took them off so I could put them back on????

How to overcome my dilemma? I got the needle and thread and poked the needle in until I felt it with my finger and then made several stitches at the end of the fingers and So far it is working on my one trip outdoors? I have noticed that since they are some kind of knit that the threads are grabbed very easily with the wire on some of my chicken cages????? Live and learn - plus, this week has been very mild and I have not found out how they will act in the Cold that I wanted them for?

One time last year I found a cheap pair of fleece gloves and they were absolutely Wonderful. Very lightweight and comfortable -but they wore out much too fast. If I would have known that maybe I could have bought several pair -but that would not have been possible because that was the ONLY pair I found in the pile at the store like that?????

I have really enjoyed this pretty weather all this week but I did not get to enjoy it much because I stayed indoors after chores wrapping Christmas gifts -so far 20 hours worth. Most of it was wrapping all the grand-babies and greatgrandbabies and a couple of young friends small children ... I am so very grateful for all the work I have put into it all year long or I would Never pull it off. I still did not do as good as I would like but at least most will know that I appreciate them and send them love.

I wish I could have covered all of my blogger families as they enrich my life so very much and mean so very much to me. I have been so very blessed to have found you- I love all of you dearly. So, if thoughts mean anything - I do carry you in my heart and send you much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment