Monday, November 6, 2017

Boy's Slippers


It was a lovely , rainy day today so after I did the morning chores I came in and ate and worked on this crochet project which is a pair of slippers for a young boy. I wanted them to be different from the pom-poms on his sister's slippers so that was why I added the jingle bells????

Boys and men I have a real problem making gifts for as I do not know who to reach their hearts, so they will have something that is useful - that they can enjoy?

I did fix the venison roast in the crock pot last night that my granddaughter gave me and it was really good. I feel bad eating meat but some think that it will help my eyes because I am missing some of the vitamins that only meat can carry?? I do know that we have "way" too many deer in our area and they destroy our gardens and any fruit we try to have and with a large majority of the deer having 2 or even 3 babies the problem is getting worse. I love the deer - they are beautiful and graceful animals -but you cannot just "Wish" them to stay out of your food. ???

I made a cranberry pie today and of course made another blunder.  See, last year was my very first time every having one and I had found the perfect recipe -which I politely LOST. Boy was I mad at myself so I downloaded a recipe and the first one I made last week turned out with WAY too much bread in the pie. So today I found another recipe and I cut out a LOT of the dough part, but this recipe called for way too much pecans. Now I LOVE pecans and thought that would really be good -but in the end there were more pecans than the cranberries and the nuts over-ruled the cranberry taste???? It is good -BUT! So, this recipe may work with a few alterations.

I am doing the exercises every day that physical therapy has taught me for my back and neck and it is helping a lot- It is hard work and I get discouraged and feel like I do not have the time to do them , but I have found to make them work you have to be consistent.

2 comments:

  1. Love the slippers...crocheting is becoming a lost art. I used to do a bit, but lately, the yarn is so expensive, I just buy ready-made articles. Cranberry pie sounds good...I just bought a bag of fresh in Aldi this week...only 99cents...a good bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for taking the time to email the recipe. It is much appreciated. Adding this comment too in case my thanks didn't go through when I replied to the email.

    ReplyDelete