Friday, November 17, 2017


It was another beautiful day for this time of the year. I was just so tired from being sick with that stomach flu since Saturday??? It has sure taken the "stuffings" out of me. I wish I could just sleep all day long but was expecting Charlie to come by and pick up some chickens to take to the chicken sale tomorrow. He said 10:30am so I rolled out of bed and got all the chores finished . Then I went about catching the chickens up and that took about an hour. I moved 5 little hens out into the coop with the run so now they can get fresh air and dirt to scratch around in. Maybe now I will not have to trim their toenails???

10:30 came and went so I sharpened the chainsaw and climbed the hill and went to work. I try to be very careful as sometimes the branches are hidden by other branches and can let you have it. So far I have only had two close calls this go round. Rolling them down the hill is a job too. My back really complains about all the lifting and twisting, but it is good exercise. I cut until the light was getting dimmer and then came down and fed the chickens in their transport cages and gave them all water.

Two of my little hens were complaining that I had put them in the lot with the others so I went over and opened the gate and scooped them up in my arms. You should have heard them talking to me telling me how bad I was to them, so I guess they will spend the winter in the building and I will carry them out on pretty days . I really am attached to these two gals-they are very pretty and so loving.

I fed the donkey and then took all the fed bowels from the transport cages and carried them down to the driveway so Charlie would not have so far to back up in the dark. He finally arrived very late and I was glad he now had the birds to take to the sale.

I got a hot shower and ate a bite and now I am absolutely BEAT - Bushed - Compoot!  lol

But I have finished another baby cap - Yea!  See how time just flies off and another day is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment