Friday, November 3, 2017

Bone Tired


The days are much too busy and not enough time in the day to accomplish everything you would like to pull off.

I got all my chores and cleaned out my chicken runs in the building because we are having absolutely beautiful weather here . Then I spent 5 hours cutting and busting firewood and putting it in my car and taking it to the house and stacking it up on the sidewalk and some in the house as it is calling for rain .

I was so pooped but I hustled to the garden and picked the last of the Dragon's Tongue beans. I am hoping to dry them out and have them to plant in the Spring as I only had about 24 seeds this year to plant and they yielded plentifully.

I have not got them shelled yet and I need to work up some more of the apples. I did get some beans cooked so I can turn them into a soup I want to try. I am on a soup kick . The last two days has been a cauliflower and potatoes soup and it was really good.

I also got this pair of children's slippers completed and am satisfied with this  pair. I think they are cute. Now I need to do a wee bit size bigger . Ho-HO-HO!

Last night my pups and I went outdoors at midnight on a mice patrol and something went tearing up through the woods beside the house. The pups took off after it and Indy chased it up to Crystal's tiny house and all around. Thirty minutes later I got him in the house and then they were off again chasing something all around the house for a good thirty minutes. They were too fast for me to even get the flashlight on them around the house but I could see eyes up in the woods?? So, I do not know what all the commotion was about. Maybe deer in the woods -or maybe the bear who stole my trash???  Maybe a raccoon in the yard???  I just hope it is a little quieter tonight????????????? ~smile~

No comments:

Post a Comment