Wednesday, December 13, 2017

O Come ON - Give Me A Break


I was totally overcome yesterday morning because I got up and was working and heard a "terrible" noise and ran to see the 150 gallon aquarium whole side had busted open and all that water was spraying all over the wood stove and drowning the living room and down the hall to the bedrooms? I FROZE. It was cold in the house and now where I was in drowned sock feet plowing through water trying to figure out what to do??? I grabbed my water hose I use to change out the water but it was like a straw compared to what was squirting all over the place. So, I ran and called Crystal , who flew down to help me. She was a life saver as she ran and got the water vac and I used it and she used buckets to help catch what was flowing down from the tank. It was a total nightmare-

Then last night a cold front moved in and we had 40 mph winds that ripped Crystal's greenhouses all to pieces AGAIN... The wind whipped down the chimney and where this wood does not put out good heat I could not get the stove to heat up to temperature and smoke poured out into the room. It was horrible , you could not breath and tears were running from my eyes. I kept jumping up to open the front door to let the smoke escape, but the wind was so strong it almost throwed me off the stoop. So I crocheted a rope and tied the front door to a screw in the house and then I could open the door and the wind would hold it open, but not yank me out the door or break the glass door. It was a constant battle and I could not go to bed until 4;30Am when it calmed down so that make me feel terrible today on 4 hours sleep. I finally got the living room back together and all the rugs and towels washed where we had used to catch the water.... I was so pooped.

So, I drug around today getting the critters taken care of as everything was frozen . It was 20 and I finally got back in the house and made another Christmas present. This memory pillow for my best friend's daughter . This was a shirt that Debbie wore while taking care of her patients .

Then  I made this panel and attached it to the shirt and turned it into the memory pillow. Of course I cried while I worked on it. I miss my best buddy so very much. She was always a gift to me.

I wrapped the pillow and the poncho I had made for the granddaughter and stepped out to get some wood for the stove and heard this terrible sound?????????????????? It was coming from my critter building so I took off running and sure enough the pipes had burst and it was flooding and water was spraying everywhere??????????????????????????????????????? I ran back down to the house and figured out how to turn the water off and then back up to the building and grabbed my drill and a drill bit and went to drilling holes in the floor - hoping to drain the water before it made it to all of my chicken runs and freeze their little feet????? Of course my battery went dead so I grabbed the shop vac and went to vacuuming ????

My feet were now soaked and I was shivering because I did not even have a  jacket on- I just went out to grab a piece of wood ??????????????????????????  I haven't got over yesterday's disaster !!!! Now this......


No comments:

Post a Comment