Saturday, December 30, 2017

Life Challenges


I am beyond bone tired. This cold weather just saps the strength right from me. Yesterday I worked on wood and then last night at 11:30 pm I went up and worked on the fire at Crystal's tiny house. Daisy and Indy went with me -they are so much comfort when you are staggering around out in the dark in freezing temperatures.

I came to the house and Indy was with me . Daisy came shortly after , but she was acting very strange - HIPER, off the wall, big buggy eyes and and staggering and falling down????? I could not figure out what in the world was wrong?

This went on for a couple of hours as I tried to hang onto her and sooth her. Then at 2AM I heard crystal pull in , so I called her. As she worked on that dumb stove she discovered her sleep meds were gone-Daisy had eaten 6 of her sleep meds -so she was overdosed.

She called and told me and I looked it up and they said to give 1 teaspoon of peroxide for 10 pounds- I did and she did not vomit- so it said you could repeat it once - so I did and she still did not vomit. Then Crystal came through the door and said that her girlfriend said we should take her to the vet-so we took off and got her to the vet. They gave her fluids and charcoal . Her temperature was low so they put her on a heating blanket and they kept her . We got home at 5AM and then back up at 8 . The weather is horrible and that drains me and we had a lot of running to do and then my chickens needed their water and it was late????

I am bone tired and have to get up during the night to put wood in the stove and then have a full day ahead tomorrow.... Hard to believe it will be New Years Eve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad Daisy will be okay!!! Praise the LORD! Happy 2018 Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete