Friday, December 8, 2017

Crazy Day


I had stayed up late last night/this morning to work on presents and decided I would work on some this morning first thing also-so I crawled back in bed with my pups and worked on a poncho for a couple of hours-thinking it would give time for the temperatures to warm up before I headed outdoors to do the chores?? When I came to a stopping point I went to the front door to grab some wood and could not believe what my eyes were seeing???????????????????





There were my sweet little Helleborus with a blanket of white on them - and No - the weather was not calling for this ? I went right straight and checked to see if this stuff had sneaked in on me -but no mention of it until a chance of snowflurries Tomorrow???????????????????? So I went right straight  and threw on a bundle of clothes, including my new wool socks that June had sent me for my birthday! I got all the chores accomplished and down to the building and pulled up two cart loads of what I call "junk wood" -to burn during the day because it does not put out much heat and burns up very fast. It is going much faster than I am happy about. I was trying to hard to get a month ahead, but it does not look like that, maybe a couple weeks at the most and that is giving it my best. The stuff that is left from the big wild cherry is TOO BIG for me to manhandle -no matter how hard I try.  Plus, the wood truck has a problem and we cannot use the 4x4 so we can only take it in the woods when it is bone dry or it just spins and won't go-plus now she is out of gas. Have you noticed that as long as we are living -we always seem to Need Something? Grrrr!

I managed to get one of my friends a fleece cap made which I was so very proud of UNTIL I noticed I had cut the band upside down!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so heartsick . It is still warm and soft and pretty colors and the kitties would be cute - But - let's face it - I screwed up. Is it my eyes or my brain????

I did much better on another friend's cap. She loves to fish and I wanted to surprise her with something no store would have so I embroidered a fish on her cap and it turned out very nice. I do hope she can enjoy it????? At least nobody else will have one like it. lol






See, I really was "burning the midnight oil" - I got another friend a ruffle scarf completed. I hope all my friends do know they are welcome to donate the gifts to charity but just know that they were thought of and loved and that is a gift too.

Now finally after a week of wanting it - I have a potful of SOUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment