Thursday, December 7, 2017


I think Crystal and I were both "dragging butt" this morning. She was a little bit late leaving for work and was still sore and miserable from the tires. I was still sore from the wood chopping spree but on we go to a new day.

I headed out to check on the new little chicken coop that I completed. Well, it needs a coat of paint but that will have to wait for warmer weather again. I was so excited to use my new little cord that I pull and open the door for them and out them came. I did the chores and peeked in on them again and saw that the two young roosters were bulling my two favorite favorolles hens! Hum! That got my dander up as I really built this for just them-they are special to me -Tea-berry and Tabitha are their names. I watched as they were being abused and decided it had to end - so I rounded up the two young roosters and tossed them in with 7 older hens and it seemed to go well and my two girls had their peace finally. For some reason they have just had a hard time getting started growing on the right foot. They are way too light in their weight and cannot afford to not be allowed to eat. After the guys were gone they fill their craws and took a nap in the warm sunshine as it streamed through that glass front.

I busted some more wood and carried some to my house and some to Crystal's tiny house . I wanted her to still have a fire when she arrived home- after dark and it worked. I will have to remember not to do that tomorrow as she will be staying the night in town with her girlfriend who lost her partner and is in grief.

Yukon took his jacket off today and he will regret that tonight as it is suppose to be colder than last night -but at least he will not be wet like the other night. I don't know why he did not stay in the barn? Donkey's can be so stubborn- a lot like most of us HUMANS!

I am working on a memory pillow for Mallie for Christmas. She is the daughter of my best friend who passed away in the Summer and she and I BOTH miss her with all of our hearts. I had asked Mallie for a shirt that her Mama had wore and she sent me two-so I will turn one into a pillow with the message on it. My poor sewing room is stacked to the ceiling with gifts and it is getting hard to find room to work in there??????????

No comments:

Post a Comment