Monday, October 30, 2017

Kids Slippers


Today was sunny and windy and 50. I got all the chores and then hand carried some of the larger logs up the hill to the little buster and split them, loaded them on the little wood dolly and brought them down to the house. Didn't take long for me to get tuckered out. ~smile~

I even worked in the garden just a tad -cleaned out one of my chicken runs and took the litter down there and started making piles as I pull up the corn stalks. I took the forked hoe and loosened up the soil so I could pull the green weeds and refilled my buckets and carried that back up the hill to share with the chickens so they could have some fresh greens.

I went up to feed Yukon at dusk and carried Crystal's load of laundry up to her tiny house that I had hung out and discovered that she still had fire in her little stove? I was shocked as she had left early this morning to go to a funeral ? Maybe that piece I had made for her stove is helping her stove work better , so I added some wood to it so it will be warm for her when she gets home.

I made this pair of slippers for one of Debbie's grand-kids but I do not particularly like them?? They are very warm and very durable since I used two stands of yarn and that would be good for active kids ?? I can not decide whether to make another pair for the other granddaughter or try another pattern????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment