Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Fall Already?


Yesterday I had to take my beloved Mocha in for a teeth procedure.  She is 11 now and had a terrible heart condition so I was an absolute wreck. The reason we decided to do her teeth was because she has been having breathing issues , almost a gurgling and she cannot run or play without bringing it on. I always hate to wake her in the mornings because it starts her gasping . So my vet had ruled out numerous problems and thought MAYBE it is her teeth. She found some really loose and really caked with tarter and put her on antibiotics -we are all hoping it is tied to her sinuses and that this might remedy the situation?????????? So we are going on HOPE.

She felt so bad last night when I picked her up and I could remember feeling that bad at the dentist. I have her pain meds and she has been hiding from me? She breaks my heart as she tucks her little tail and runs from me????? In this picture she is hiding in a covered crate and not sleeping in her water bed???? I am hoping she forgives me as she has never had anything like this done to her in  her life?

But , So Far - Today- I have not seen her gasp for breath-one time! So keeping my prayers going and kinda holding my breath. 

I took her sister, Cocoa too because she was limping and turned out she has Lyme Disease - so she is on meds too??? My sweet babies- their health is so important to me. I want them to have the best life possible as they bring me so much joy.

After meds and chores were all caught up I spent the rest of the afternoon busting fire wood and carrying it down to the house . Then my little log splitter kinda gave up the ghost. So I did some research and discovered it is suppose to need hydraulic oil and I can't even find where you check and add it at??????????? I sure do hope we have not killed it for good. 

I also picked up another bucket of walnuts and put them on a piece of tin to dry .Tomorrow I am Hoping to go cut on that tree in the garden. But it will depend IF I can see to sharpen that chain saw and IF I can get it to start???? That is one reason I LOVE my little electric chain saw that I used today -it always starts -but my cord is not long enough to reach where the tree is???? My back is hurting -dealing with firewood and chainsaws is hard work. I just wish things did not have to be so complicated? But, I am very grateful to have the health to be able to take care of me and my critters.

I wish my son's would drop me a line every now and then , but they are busy with their own lives and challenges. There just does not seem to be enough minutes in the day for anybody to complete what they hope to so we continue on, as best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment