Monday, October 2, 2017

Female ingenewity ? LOL

Crystal is working on her second hoophouse and this time she wanted to experiment with a heat source. We have a very old, damaged wood stove that was in Doug's shed.  She looked at me one day and asked, "ok, Mama -how are we going to move it"?  Two gals and a HEAVY cast iron stove with one leg missing????



I told her to let me think about it??? So we got two straps and her pickup and we lashed it to the back of her tailgate with two bags of potting soil between them and ever so gently she drove off with it. It did fine going up hill but at a certain angle it would dig into the ground .




Of course we had our constant supervisor , examining the job throughout. lol

We were able to get it within about 4 feet of the spot she wanted it to be at, so we just had to finagle it into place with female wit and and a lot of shove and push and GEE- HAW!

Then she worked around it to get it in place. Yea- two gals and no tractor, but we managed to pull it off and not break anything and still not get hurt. I call that success.

Then I went back to laundry, cornbread and beans for the meal, tearing down a shelf and putting it back up and moving my violets in the house from their outdoor vacation this summer as it was 38 degrees this morning- YUCK.

So, I am very tickled to have them in the house as I love my violets. I picked up some apples but have not got to work on them as my kitchen was piled high from the shelf in the other room. After I figure that out there is plenty more worrying me about how to pull off before the cold weather takes over. I do still have beans to pick and shell for the winter and I am putting walnuts for Crystal to run over -then I scuff them out of their outer hulls and place them on a metal roof on the rabbit cage to dry out . Today I carried a basket of them in the building -they will need to cure for 4 to 6 weeks so I better carry them to the house as they do not like to freeze before you crack them?..

I saw on the news that we had a terrible shooting over here in Las Vegas and 500 were injured and 49 were killed at this point and that Isis is claiming responsibility.  What a terrible tragedy.
I am having some computer troubles also but just do not have the time to put into trying to fix it so am hoping to just "Limp along" for as long as I can.  ~smile~


3 comments:

  1. Clever girls... us gals can do anything.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done girls! Sure proves we can do whatever we put our minds to. That shooting was not by ISIS... just a crazy mad man. Terrible news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fine muscles and smart brains you gals have!!! Amazing actually.

    Hope you get the beans shucked and nuts fixed up! Winter is coming...arghh

    ReplyDelete