Friday, October 27, 2017

Almost my Nemesis


This simple looking baby blanket almost drove me over the edge this week. When I had completed that other baby blanket I was concerned about taking 3 days to complete it-so I decided to try a different pattern!

I had got almost 3/4 of the way to completion when I discovered that I had made a Big BOOBOO and it was lopsided. I Almost threw it in the trash! But I decided I just could NOT waste that much yarn? So I ripped it out and started again - working on it another day later and discovered I had made another BOOBOO!

By now I wanted to just cry-so I ripped it out again. I decided one more try and figured out a code that my brain would accept to carry in my wee little brain and Finally it is completed. So my three day blanket turned into a 5 day blanket and with time slipping away I needed all the help I could get?


Daisy said as long as I did not disturb her anything was alright. LOL

I got more firewood carried in and shelled a few more beans. I was distressed though because my daughter's best friend lost her partner in a horrible accident. His face was crushed under a vehicle he was working on and she found him that way. Then his brother and sons descended upon her and took most everything that he owned. So, she will have to find somewhere to move with her two small grandchildren. Sometimes you just wonder why these horrible things have to happen.


My other helper ready for bed. I have to fill the woodstove first. My eyes are hurting for some reason and I discovered today that my youngest son and his wife have broken up -so my heart is hurting for them too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda! I LOVE the baby blanket, and the pups, but all your other news is so sad and needs prayers! Special hugs to you!! Your Friend!

    ReplyDelete