Wednesday, October 18, 2017

A Great Day

Yep, got a lot accomplished today. After all of the morning chores I tried to work on the wood splitter but could not find the right tool to take out the plug for the oil. I am stumped on that one for the moment. So I moved on to "see" if I could sharpen my chain on my chainsaw and low and behold I had good luck!

Next to see if I could start it and , "why bust my britches" she fired right up so I took that as a good sign to go down and see what I could do with that tree in my garden. Looks very different now , doesn't it?

I am good and tired now because I discovered scrambling up and down that hill with a chainsaw on slippery leaves can just wear you out. Taking all those little branches off so you could get to the main branch was a bother too.

I ended up with a good pile of them . Sometimes I had to go up the hill to cut the larger branches to make them fall down where I could reach them as they were sticking up in the air so high. I did discover that my bar is bent on my saw so I will need almost a hundred dollars for a new bar and chain.Everywhere you look you need money and my money tree really failed this year. ~smile~

Of course one of my nosey helps had to tag along and supervise.


I ended up with a nice little pile of wood, but this is only the start. I need to bust a few of those pieces in order for me to handle them. O dear, another job- to see if I could get the gas log splitter to work? It usually hates me is why I ended up with the little electric one . Machines really do hate me .

I ended up with one little post damaged severely from being crushed. It is still in the ground bent all the way back. I had managed to get the others out from under the weight of the tree when it happened but this poor fellow was not so lucky. That little electric fence was the only thing between my second garden and those ravenous deer-who love anything humans plant to eat?

These two little criminals managed to get themselves into trouble while my back was turned running the saw. I saw a truck stop at the road and so I quit and walked down and low and behold there they were crossing the highway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOY was I miffed at them. I thought for Sure I had trained them to stay away from that road! Thank God for some kind gentleman ! They are very unhappy and it breaks my heart to se them in the crate but at least they are safe while I am busy. I need to figure out something else when I am working outdoors and get distracted.

I finally made it indoors and completed my next set of baby items for the Sewing Guild charity in December. I think this set if cute-booties, bib and baby cap. All simple and useful. 

Now I am starved-let me go see what I can stir up.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment